| || Stop Getting Dumped (2002) |
This incredibly effective, laugh-out-loud book teaches the secrets to meeting the right man, and the simple steps to making him yours. Dating expert Lisa Daily confides the secrets of the Dream Girls -- including how to spot the bad boys and jerks BEFORE they break your heart, the five common mistakes that women make that push men away, and the big one, why men fall in love and propose. This fun-to-read, step-by-step guide teaches the easy methods any woman can use to make men fall madly in love with her.
| || Fifteen Minutes of Shame (2008)|
From Publishers Weekly
A real-life dating columnist and book author (Stop Getting Dumped!), Daily puts her debut novel's heroine into her professional shoes. Darby Vaughn, 31, is enjoying her success as the nation's most popular romance expert: she's got bestselling books, TV appearances and even her own perfume. But her empire threatens to topple when her cheating husband, aka her publicist, humiliates her and leaves her vulnerable to giant aftershocks in the press. After a few days of intense girlfriend therapy, Darby emerges from the haze of margaritas and sappy movies to rebuild her life starting with spin dating—i.e., dating for publicity. Besides being photographed canoodling with a basketball star and a young model, Darby hires the best divorce lawyer in town, who also just happens to be the hottest. Daily keeps things moving along quickly, and though her style is not exactly seasoned, she delivers some surprising depth and a heroine with heart to root for. (Apr.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
| || How to Date Like a Grown-Up: Everything You Need to Know to Get Out There, Get Lucky, or Even Get Married in Your 40s, 50s, and Beyond (2009)|
"Witty and smart, this is a must-read for any woman ready to find Mr. Right. Or at least Mr. Right Now."
Christopher Hopkins, Oprah's Makeover Guy and author of Staging Your Comeback: A Complete Beauty Revival for Women Over 45
By the time you hit forty, you have a pretty good idea of what you want when it comes to dating, love, and romance. But how do you get it? HOW TO DATE LIKE A GROWN-UP will tell you everything you need to know to find the love you're looking for (even after a long marriage or other dating hiatus), how to get married (if that's what you're after), or how to just get lucky.
Dating expert, bestselling author, and TV personality Lisa Daily (Daytime) uses her hilarious and compassionate voice to offer up realistic, counterintuitive advice that will help you finally find the relationship (and the guy) you deserve, including:
Dating: It's Not Just For Kids Anymore
- Where (and how) to meet better men
- 5 easy tips to chat up any stranger
- What you may be doing to make yourself a magnet for losers
- How to deal with the pitfalls and fringe benefits of dating younger men
- Little-known secrets to dramatically improve your dating odds
- How to break it to your kids that you have a better social life than they do
- A foolproof way to find the best dating site for you
- How to face getting naked in front of someone new for the first time
- How to accommodate changes in your body (and the little blue pill)
- The one simple thing you can do in the bedroom that will make a man speed up his marriage proposal
- Why men are rushing to the altar, and why you might just want to wait
| || |